Saturday, August 31, 2019

Another hospitalization and surgery behind me. I spent 2 weeks at The Christ Hospital for a bowel obstruction which resulted in a colostomy. Fun times. I'm working on getting better but am unable to eat or drink very much. I have again disrupted my kids' lives. But they and my sister and brother-in-law have been so supportive. I am lucky in that. I will miss another holiday pool party tomorrow because I'm just not up to going. It's one thing after another. 
I am trying hard not to sink too far into depression - just far enough to easily get back. I can't seem to rally this time. 
My grandson is 11 months old and the sweetest, smartest baby of all. He brightens up even my darkest days and helps me keep my head above water. 
I apologize to anyone reading this for being so negative in this post. I'll try to be better next time.

5 comments:

  1. Rest in peace Martha, loved you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my love. I think of you everyday,but I assume you probably know that. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I was born when she kissed me,I died when she left me,I lived a few weeks while she loved me."
    -- In a Lonely Place..old Bogart Film 💔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of You everyday Martha! Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you on what would have been your 66 Birthday. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of you. I loved you despite how I handled the break up..love always.. J

    ReplyDelete