Thursday, January 18, 2018

scared

I'm getting a little scared. It seems like one thing after another is happening. The Doxil worked briefly then there was some growth while I was still in treatment. I also ended up with pleural effusion which can be caused by ovarian cancer. ("Pleural effusion is a condition in which excess fluid builds around the lung" )Tuesday I had 900ml of fluid drawn from around my right lung. I can take a deep breath now. I still have some pain with deep breaths which should have subsided shortly after the procedure. The doctor said not to worry when I called yesterday.  Although the lab results are available in "mychart" I am not looking at them. The fluid may or may not be malignant. My research indicates that, based on its color, there is a good chance that it is. I prefer to wait for the doctor to tell me during an appointment with my daughters with me.
I am on an oral maintenance drug now. I hope it works. I am  trying to stay positive but it is difficult. I am truly afraid for the first time since the recurrence.

Enough of that...

My girls gave me a vacation for Christmas. Next month, the three of us (their spouses are staying home) are going to Destin, Florida for a few days. I am very excited about going.

My house has been on the market since August but there has been no interest. Oh well. I may or may not list it again in the spring. 


That's enough for now. I'm not exactly a bundle of laughs. I am temporarily giving in to a mild case of self pity but will rally. I just have to get used to my new normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment