Tuesday, July 30, 2013

getting there

This Thursday is my second last chemo treatment. I'm not looking forward to it but I am. I'm not because it's no fun and I have to face the horrible side effects again. I am because...well it's almost over. I will finish in August.
Things are going along just about the same. The side effects lasted a bit longer this last time. It may be because chemo is cumulative or it may be because I didn't drink nearly the required amount of fluids. I'll try to do better this time.
Tonight I made a sirloin burger with Bearnaise. This is something that I would normally love. Not so much this time. It wasn't terrible, and I'll probably make it again soon (there's left over sauce) but it didn't taste "normal". A few things do taste right: tuna, pineapple juice, lemonade and braunschweiger. That's enough, right?

OOPS. I just re-read previous posts. First there are many typos and some of them look like grammatical errors. How embarrassing. Then, when I was talking about the wonderful support I have, I forgot to mention that my cousin Steve baked and brought me snickerdoodles. How can any one forget snickerdoodles?

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. It IS almost over! Soon I will have nothing interesting to post. Soon I'll be totally boring again. Soon I can concentrate on rebuilding my strength, keeping the weight off (and maybe losing more), enjoying my family and friends and making my job more interesting. Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment