Tuesday, July 2, 2013

dance

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to dance. So why am I home tonight? I'm being cautious.
For several years now, we've danced on Tuesday evenings. We started at Bar 71 but they closed. Then the DJ moved to some dive place that I can't remember, then to Mason Pub and Grill which was horrible. The dance floor was so tiny and the dancers so rude that we stopped going. Now the DJ is at The Venue on Tuesdays. Last week, Patrick and Kay checked it out. Patrick reported that it is the biggest, best dance floor yet. I asked if it's crowded and he answered in the affirmative.
The DJ and his wife offer dance lessons before the floor opens for all dancers. We usually don't participate in the lessons but this month is the night club two step which Patrick doesn't teach and I want to learn. So that's where Patrick and Kay are tonight. I considered going, but with my feet still having neuropathy problems and the fact that I'm supposed to avoid crowds, I didn't go. My WBC count is good which means I can probably fight off an illness, but if I'm sick, chemo will be cancelled and I want to finish on time!
So, here I sit, knowing that my friends are dancing. I will be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment