Saturday, September 17, 2016

Scans and chemo and walks

I had a scan last week and it showed a couple of new areas of disease. They are small and sitting on (not in) the intestine and liver. No fluid which is a good thing. We will continue with the current course and get another scan in 3 months. This was disheartening, but to be expected. I hate this disease.

Today was the Teal Walk for ovarian cancer awareness. I was happy to be able to walk it this year. It broke my heart to see young women wearing the survivor T-shirt. The event raised almost $135,000. There was a survey asking if we think a mentoring program would be a good idea. I do. I also said that I would be willing to act as a mentor. Not everyone has the amazing support system that I have and I think I could be that for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment