Saturday, June 29, 2013

some normalcy

Last night, Jennifer and I went to see Helen in "Sound of Music" at LaComedia. On the exasperating drive there, during dinner, during intermission, and during the drive home, Jennifer and I talked about so many things - but not about my cancer. It felt so normal!! Helen had dinner with us and shared a lot of back stage information.  I know I'm often the one to bring my illness into  a conversation (it's just always on my mind) but it felt so good to ignore it last night. The show was fair. Helen was awesome!!! She has such a beautiful voice and she really nailed her character!
I worked this morning. Did I tell you that I work with wonderful people? I do. My regular Saturday patients are pretty cool too.
So now I'm back home. And I have some more normal things to do. I need to clean my kitchen and pay some bills. Not all normal is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment