Saturday, June 29, 2013

Food

Food doesn't taste right. I seldom get hungry. When something does taste good, I tend to eat all of what is in front of me. Then I get nauseous because I've eaten too much. And here's the really odd thing, chocolate doesn't even sound good most of the time.
I ordered pizza today. It tasted ok but leaves the usual bad after-taste. The experts suggest salt water rinses to keep taste buds healthy (and to prevent mouth sores). After swishing, things taste ok for a bite or two. It's very discouraging.
A lot of you have dieted at some point in your life. The diet experts recommend 8 glasses of water per day to help you to stay hydrated and to help with eating less. Fill your stomach with water and you will eat less. I'm told to drink 8-10 glasses of fluids (some should be water) every day AND they still want me to eat. This seems counterintuitive. It's very difficult to accomplish. I miss liking food! I want to enjoy an almond joy or mounds bar (because sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't). I ate one a few days ago and it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It's just so sad.
Yes, I know I should be grateful that treatment is working and I should be cancer-free. Yes, I know it's only temporary. But seriously, it sucks. (I can't always maintain a positive attitude)

No comments:

Post a Comment